Thursday, May 04, 2006

happy cinco de mayo eve

So, just a bit ago I was walking through the parking structure underneath the building where I work. I was suddenly struck by the stupidity of these hanging signs that read, "CAUTION: Watch for Vehicles." Well duh. I'm in a parking garage. Come on people.

Anyway, these are some of my fave things that you should check out if you know what's good for you.

1)
www.slate.com It's a pretty well organized, informative, and amusing online magazine
2)
www.relevantmagazine.com Pretty much the same description as #1, except that it also comes in hard copy form and has a spiritual slant to it. If you go to the site, search for articles written by Mark Sampson. He's an ultra cool British guy with whom I spent a few weeks at CIY a couple of summers ago.
3) The Mellow Monday Show on the podcast network. I just discovered this one today. It's simply 20 minutes or so of good, indie music. As an added bonus, the host is Scottish, and everyone knows that accents just make things better.
4) Clorox wipes and Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser. They make life easier.

And finally...two thoughts:
* Today I learned that it's impossible to overestimate the importance of perspective.
* Tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo. Party hearty people!

4 Comments:

At 9:31 PM , Blogger Mandy said...

can i add to your list of things that make life easier? i LOVE the Clorox Anywhere spray for hard surfaces. I'm like a walking commercial for this stuff...you can spray it near babies AND food. it just makes me feel safer when cleaning in my kitchen.

 
At 5:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just glad to know you're cleaning.......

 
At 10:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! 4l hp laserjet printer Trout fishing high water 2004 330ci bmw accesories malpractice How to discontinue paxil http://www.discount-xenical-8.info/New-mexico-red-river-laser-tatoo-removal.html medical malpractice lawyer and buffalo ny http://www.hardcorevideos0.info/gay-ass-spank.html Free fucking scrabble Best international voip service Female hair loss in woman Face lift related Kitchen aide microwave Dr. becker and rhinoplasty Dessin renault

 
At 4:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! How to do full radius valve job World jeep http://www.erectile-dysfunction-3.info

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home