Sunday, February 18, 2007

a question, a comment, and a useful tip

Why was the vodka in the freezer frozen today? This question has been stumping me all day since I noticed it when I opened the freezer to get some ice cubes for my diet coke. Vodka is often kept in the freezer and everyone knows it never freezes, since the freezing point is so low. At first I thought it was because it was cheap vodka, but then I remembered that it wasn't that cheap. It's not Grey Goose or anything, but it's definitely not the cheap stuff either. So I'm puzzled.

I'm so glad it's going to start thawing out around here tomorrow. The warm up couldn't come quick enough for me. The only good part about all the recent cold is how pretty it all is. Having a couple inches of ice coating all the tree branches (and everything else) has made me feel like I've been living in Narnia. I've sorta expected the White Witch to come around the corner any second and offer me some turkish delight.

I found a great way to "stick it to the man," and so I'm glad to pass it on to you. As gross as I know (from Supersize Me) the whole thing is, I like McDonald's french fries. I also like them with sweet-n-sour sauce, and I've been a little peeved they've started charging 10 or 15 cents for it. So, now when they inform me it'll be an extra charge, I say very cheerfully that that's no problem at all. Then I hand them my debit card. Every single time I've done this (which has only been like 3 times so far) they say it's too much trouble for that and throw the sauce in the bag for free. I don't feel bad about this because I have offered a form of payment. They have every chance to run my card through the machine and charge those 10 cents or whatever, but they decline. So I get my sauce for free. You should try it...it'll work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home