Sunday, September 30, 2007

food and drink

Here's my observations lately on food and drink:

1. I think I'm going to do an experiment to see how long I can go with only buying food from fruit stands. Not only are fruit and veggies delicious, but it's an excellent way to eat cheaply and save some money. I just bought ALL of the following for $3.50 TOTAL: 1 pound of strawberries, 1 package of blueberries, 1 kiwi, 1 apple, and 4 ears of corn on the cob. What a deal! At the grocery store across the street, the 1 pound package of strawberies alone was $3.99, so I saved a bundle.

2. I'm really liking the new Diet Coke bottles, which are contoured to fit your hand. After all these years of buying whichever is cheaper, this is the thing that's making me finally commit to Diet Coke over Diet Pepsi.

3. I've noticed that drinking alcohol, especially beer, somehow heightens your taste buds and makes food taste so much better.

4. I've decided that Sabra is my favorite brand of hummus. I'm pretty sure my favorite flavor is roasted garlic, but I'm not prepared to state that definitively.

5. Chinese food is delicious, but I think I sometimes order it just so I can use chopsticks. I really enjoy eating with chopsticks. On a related note, I bought a wok yesterday and I can't wait to learn how to cook something in it.

6. Nutella is extremely tasty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home