Friday, November 24, 2006

and so it begins...

It's the day after Thanksgiving. Christmas is coming. This is exciting.

I'm not one of those people who celebrates Christmas prematurely. As much as I love it, I don't listen to Christmas music or do anything else Christmas-y until Thanksgiving evening. In fact, I've refused to get coffee from a certain UDF just because they put their tree up ridiculously early. I love Thanksgiving, and I firmly believe it should be sufficiently celebrated and enjoyed before moving on to Christmas.

My family has a great way of ushering in the Christmas season... During the Thanksgiving meal, we go around the table (youngest to oldest) and share a couple of things we are thankful for. Then we go around again (also youngest to oldest) and share a favorite Christmas memory. After that, Christmas is fair game. This policy/tradition was a little difficult this year, since it was the second Thanksgiving in the history of my life that I did not spend with even one family member. But it all worked out.

So now it's time to go all out. I'm sort of convinced it's impossible to have too much Christmas music, movies, or decorations. Bring it on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home