Monday, October 23, 2006

3 not very important things

* It was freezing today, and it snowed. More accurately, it flurried. Except for a very brief moment when I thought I was going to die, I think I'm doing ok with it. I like snow. It is very pretty and can sometimes (such as Christmas Eve and/or Christmas morning) seem almost magical. Of all the various aspects of moving across the country, I was definitely most nervous about re-adapting to cold weather. After moving to Cali, I came home to Illinois one Christmas and remember telling my dad that I literally had no idea how I survived 22 midwestern winters. After experiencing beautiful 70-80 degree winters, I was in awe of myself for survivng that much cold. This sounds dramatic, but I really wasn't sure if I could readjust the other way. Until today, I still wasn't totally sure. But, I think I'm going to be ok.

* I neither claim nor aspire to be a political expert or prognosticator of any kind, but here's my guess for the '08 Presidential Race: Rudy Giuliani vs. Barack Obama. We'll see.

* Until yesterday I had never seen the television show "Veronica Mars." I'm now addicted to the DVDs. It's actually quite good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home