Monday, September 11, 2006

Seriously, whose idea was it to bring these back?

I’ve never really been one to drop everything in pursuit of the latest and greatest trend. I enjoy being fashionable as much as the next girl, but I don’t wear things I think are hideous just because they are in fashion. That said, there are many recent / current fashion trends that I really support. For instance, the following are some of my wardrobe faves:

- 80’s style leggings under skirts
- cowboy boots & hats
- arm warmers
- Ugg boots
- Crocs

Plus, I recently discovered that my speech is “in fashion.” A recent issue of COSMO identified the most trendy phrase as “I know, right?” I’ve been saying that one for months.

However, there is one trend I absolutely CANNOT wrap my mind around. I hope beyond all hope that I never get caught in a pair of skinny jeans. They are absolutely horrid. Skinny jeans are flattering on about 2% of the general population. Everyone else just looks disgusting in them. Unfortunately, that fact is lost upon just about everybody. People all over the place wear them because they are “in style,” with no regard to how they look on an individual person. What is perhaps most disturbing is how quickly the skinny jeans trend has been embraced by males. It’s just gross. I’m not sure who started it, but I wish skinny jeans would go back to the 80’s and rest in peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home