Monday, July 24, 2006

weekend round-up

the following are significant or at least semi-significant thoughts/events from the last few days:

1) For the first time ever, I purchased something from my all time favorite non-bookstore, Anthropologie. Things in this store are generally out of my $$ range, but today I found a little something. So exciting.

2) I want to become a fan of jazz music. The other day I got in my car just in time to hear a man on NPR describe the ability to "create at the same velocity" that things are usually destroyed. Intrigued as to what he was talking about, I kept listening as he expounded. Turns out it was Stanley Crouch talking about his new jazz book. I'm not really a jazz fan, but mostly b/c I've never listened to it...not b/c I've listened and didn't like it. By the time I got home, the way he talked about jazz music (not even the music itself) had really connected with me. So I think I want to give it a try.

3) This sounds ridiculous, but last night I saw my first ever Patrick Swayze movie, Point Break. It was pretty good. Before this I had an idea, but I didn't really know what he looks like. And so I don't understand what the big fuss is all about...he IS NOT cute.

4) Yesterday was the hottest day on record for Los Angeles county. It was 119 in the valley, but the coast was perfectly cool in the low 80s.

2 Comments:

At 4:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »

 
At 3:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home