Thursday, June 22, 2006

61 years of wedded bliss

My grandparents, aka Mimi & Grandad, will celebrate their 61st wedding anniversary tomorrow. That means they have been married for as long as me, my sister, and my younger brother COMBINED have been alive. I was thinking about it this morning, and it’s really quite remarkable. They have lived through and experienced so many things together. That’s an obvious statement, but I don’t spend much time actually thinking about it. Mimi & Grandad have personal experience living through significant historical things that I only learn about in books. I’m sure there have been plently of incredible times and also plenty of difficult times, and I can’t imagine how that strengthens and enriches a relationship and affects the bond between two people. I guess I can only hope that I’ll be just as lucky in another six decades or so

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home