Wednesday, July 12, 2006

booktastic

Like many people I know, I love books. As those who have read my last few posts know, I someday hope to have a personal library with a sliding ladder in my home or apartment. Yesterday at work, this subject somehow came up with one of my co-workers. This particular guy, Arturo, is telling me how a few years ago he went through a sort of self-realizing experience that caused him to view ownership differently. So he moved, sold most of what he owned, bicycled across the country, and some other stuff like that. However, he had his own library and kept most of his books.

Here's the good part...he said he's got about 20 (twenty) boxes of books in his garage, and I can come over and take ANY and ALL the books that I want!!! They are quality books---history, classic literature, etc.---and are all in great shape. So, in the next couple of weeks or so my library will grow quite substantially and, equally important, quite inexpensively. I'm so excited!!!!