Sunday, September 17, 2006

what the ?

I totally do not understand the following 3 things:

before i get started, a little side note-- thanks to a generous friend, i am currently watching "the office" for the first time. i'm only on episode 1 of season 1, but it's already one of the funniest (most funny?) things on tv.

okay. #1-
Today at the beach I literally burned the bottom of my feet. I don't mean sunburn or sun poisoning, I mean actual burn, like if you touch the stove and a blistery thing results. It's extremely painful to walk, and just standing is moderately painful. I've cerainly spent my fair share of days at the beach, and I've NEVER had something like this happen before. Mid summer heat wave days leave me unscathed, but somehow a lovely 82 degree September day cripples me.

#2-
What in the world is going on down in Mexico? I don't know everything about the situation, but I certainly watch and listen to enough news to be thoroughly annoyed with Lopez Obrador. In July he lost the Presidential election to Calderon by an extremely small margin. The recount he demanded upheld the original results. However, he has vowed not to submit to Calderon. He has set up protests, marches, and everything else to disrupt the government and cause mayhem. In fact, he has vowed to set up an alternate government, so that Mexico will have two separate governments. That idea is obviously doomed to failure. Lopez Obrador has clearly never heard the word "no" in his life. As a child he probably threw bigger and bigger tantrums until his parents got sick of it and gave him whatever he wanted.

#3-
I love Apple products, and have only recently developed my first complaint in about 2 years of customership. One of Apple's main things they market is the supposed "ease of integration" among their products and software systems. Here's the problem: Apple's iWeb changes ALL photos, graphics, etc to .png format. One of the best things about iWeb is that it can export/import your creations directly to/from other programs, such as iPhoto, Garageband, or iTunes. iTunes can ONLY read photos as jpegs. I find this ridiculous. iWeb can ONLY support .png but iTunes ONLY reads jpeg, yet the two are supposed to provide "seamless integreation." Whatever. As a result, a user's artwork/photos get distored in iTunes. This is very aggravating, but not so much that it makes me like mac products any less. I just wish they'd start making cell phones to complete the Apple suite. Steve Jobs are you reading this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home