Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I need your help with the ADA's Walk for Diabetes!

It's a little last minute, but this Saturday I'm participating in the American Diabetes Association's Walk/Run for Diabetes. It's something I care about, since a close member of my family was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes while still in middle school. Even though (pathetically) it's probably been a good month since I've gone running, I saw the poster up at Panera and thought I'd join in and do the 5K.

Here's where you can help...the "recommended" amount that each participant is supposed to try to raise is $150. Moving across the country has temporarily depleted my non-bill-paying related funds, so I clearly cannont do this on my own.

If you can donate ANYTHING, even like $5 or $10, it would defnitely help and I would certainly appreciate it. The website to visit is:

http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?px=3079972&pg=personal&fr_id=4010&s_tafId=66316

There's a spot under the picture on the right hand side where you can click to donate, and you can use a debit or credit card. I think it immediately generates a receipt for you, so your donation would be tax deductible.

Thanks is advance to anyone who can help!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home