Sunday, December 02, 2007

ticket to pasadena!!


I almost don't really care that the Bears lost a tough one today, because Illinois is going to the Rose Bowl, baby! It's normally at least semi-fun to be an Illinois fan during basketball season, but this is bonus year because the football team is actually something to write home about too. We've won 9 games this year, which is one more than the total number of wins over the last four seasons COMBINED. I know what I'll be doing at 4:30pm on January 1st!

And the cherry on top is that Ohio State is in the national championship game. I cheer for and enjoy the Buckeyes, unless they are playing Illinois, but I wouldn't call myself a super dedicated or "true" fan. They are really the only other college football team I feel any sort of substantial affinity for, so I'm pretty excited for them too.

1 Comments:

At 10:17 AM , Blogger Lindsay said...

Like you, I was so pumped when I found this out last night even though my Bengals played worse than my grandma! I can't wait until New Year's Day! FYI, if you want any Illiniwek gear, you should get it now because after next year, U of I isn't allowed to market the Chief! A good website is illinigear.com. I think I'm getting a blue hoody for Xmas from the rents! Go Chief!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home