Friday, November 02, 2007

detoxing

Today I'm starting a 10-day detox/cleanse called "The Master Cleanser." So far it's been going ok, but it's only noon on the first day. As 21st century Americans, this is supposed to be one of the best things we can do for ourselves... the detox cleans out everything that has built up as a result of years of eating processed foods, refined sugars, and the like.

For 10 days, I will ingest only what is loosely called "lemonade." Here's the recipe:

2 tbsp. freshly sqeezed lemon juice
2 tbsp. grade B maple syrup
1/10 tsp. cayenne pepper
10 oz. water

I think I can have anywhere between 6-12 of these per day. Also, I'm supposed to have a laxative herbal tea each evening and a quart of sea salt saline solution each morning. Should be fun. I'm a little nervous about having to give up diet coke for the next couple of weeks, but besides that I think it will be a good experience.

2 Comments:

At 5:06 PM , Blogger Lindsay said...

I wanna try...as soon as I'm done nursing, I'm going to get the deets of how to do this..as long as it doesn't kill you!

 
At 4:54 PM , Blogger becca's bits said...

good job dude. let me know how it goes!

p.s. are you on the pot a lot?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home