Saturday, February 16, 2008

weekender

This is shaping up to be a great weekend. It's a type of weekend I haven't had in a looong time: one with nothing to do.

It started last night with a new tradition some friends and I have started in order to officially usher in the weekend: Take a Shot Fridays. It's pretty much exactly what it sounds like. We take a shot whenever we get home on Fridays, whether it's super early at 2 pm or at 2 am after a night on the town. Only one shot is allowed, unless it's your birthday week or a 3-day holiday weekend. In that case, two shots are taken. Unfortunately, my boss moved President's Day to the following Monday, February 25, so I was only able to down a single.

Later on, I went to Rite-Aid and made out like a bandit. My $11 mascara was on sale for $4.14, I got $4.99 shampoo and conditioner for $1.99 each, and I picked up some regularly priced $4.19 cereal for $1.99 as well. It was awesome.

I slept in till noon today, and have nothing I have to do except unpack, since I moved this past week. I guess that's sort of a big job, but it doesn't require a lot of out-and-about-ness. Then tonight, my new roomie and I are having a girly movie double feature -- "Chasing Liberty" and "The Prince and Me." I'll probably stay up pretty late tonight, which sets me up perfectly for my Sunday afternoon nap tomorrow.

None of these are really earth-shattering life developments, of course, but just the type of things that make life a little bit better.

1 Comments:

At 7:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's an obscure fact about The Prince and I. The Prince's college roommate is also the obnoxious older brother, Buzz, from the Home Alone movies. Enjoy! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home