Sunday, January 27, 2008

highlights

January has absolutely flown by! I got back to NYC from my parents' house the morning of December 31 and went right from the airport to work... and it seems like things haven't let up yet. Here's some of the highlights:

*New Year's Eve was the most fun New Year's Eve yet. Had an amazingly fun dinner and then celebrated the stroke of midnight with great friends and great drinks on a Manhattan rooftop.
*Went to the New York City Ballet at Lincoln Center.
*After going to the ballet, I decided to sign up for ballet classes. This week will be the third week. Maybe someday I'll make my own Lincoln Center debut :)
*Mandy and I sang karaoke, and it was both of our first times ever doing it. We picked a classic... "Hold On" by Wilson Phillips. And we totally rocked the bar!
*I decided to spend two weeks next Thanksgiving in South Africa. I'll be volunteering at a great white shark research center, spending the days cage diving and assisting the scientists with all of their data collection. I am provisionally booked and just got my days off at work approved.
*I had fondue for the first time ever... so delicious. We had the cheese fondue and also the chocolate.
*I cashed my winning check from family Deal or No Deal. I ended up picking the briefcase with the top prize of $300, and never sold it to the banker!
*Last weekend was a super fun martini party... unbelievalbe appletinis and vanilla cosmos (my new fave!)
*I got to take a little road trip to my grandparents' house in Mystic, CT. It's so beautiful up there, and it was great to get away from the city for a bit.
*Tonight was our monthly cultural dinner party. It was North African night, and I made Egyptian Kebabs. After all, who doesn't love a nice kebab?!?
*My roommate is moving to Boston, so I'm moving in with my good friend Whitney. It's just a couple of blocks away, and I have a view of the Manhattan skyline from the bedroom window!
*I registered to vote, and am VERY excited to participate in Super Tuesday on February 5.

So far 2008 is off to a great start. I hope the rest of the year is as fun as January was!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home