Monday, December 11, 2006

4 things

1. I like snow, but not ice. In the first "real" winter snow last week I slid off the road twice on my way to work. A co-worker of mine was stuck on an iced-over bridge for an hour and a half...not fun.

2. For once, I'm actually satisfied with how the mainstream media portrayed people of faith. On "Nightline" there was a segment covering Barack Obama's visit to the mega church Saddleback. Pastor Rick Warren invited him to speak on World AIDS day. The show interviewed several intelligent and well-rounded people of faith, who all spoke of how important these matters are. They talked about the value of putting aside theological differences in favor of actually accomplishing something. Then they interviewed and showed a "small faction" of Christians who were up in arms and boycotting Saddleback because Pastor Rick was letting a Democrat speak from the pulpit. The ridiculous close-minded Christian minority was portrayed as just that, and did not come off pretty. On the other hand, the majority of Christians were portrayed in a very positive light. It was one of the few times I can recall wanting to identify myself with anything "Christian" in the media.

3. Earlier today I heard this news headline on the radio: "Today Iran holds a conference to decide whether or not the Holocaust actually happened." Ummmm, seriously people. Come on.

4. Christmas is coming. Yay!

1 Comments:

At 12:06 AM , Blogger Mandy said...

i, too, like snow but not ice. 2 nights ago i got out of my car at like 2 a.m. and completely almost fell right back down. i laughed to myself.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home