Tuesday, January 02, 2007

2 things

1) A couple of months ago I mentioned in a blog post that I wished Apple made cell phones, thus completing the Apple suite of technological gadgets. This morning I heard in the news that Apple's 2007 ipod, which will roll out later this year, is actually an ipod and cell phone combined. Go figure.

2) I'm currently reading Betty Smith's "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn." (My underline feature is currently unavailable, so sorry I had to put that title in quotations.) It's been quite a while since I last read it, and I'm enjoying it even more this second time. At one point a characters says

"I don't know. Sometimes I think it's better to suffer bitter unhappiness and to fight and to scream out, and even to suffer that
terrible pain, than just to be...safe. At least she knows she's living."

Now granted, the character who says this is an old maid talking with another old maid about the experience of childbirth. Even so, I find myself discovering that it resonates so deeply and is so true with life in general.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home