Wednesday, December 27, 2006

recovery time

I guess the Christmas season is officially over. It's halfway through the week between Christmas and New Years, and it seems everyone is switching their attention to the next holiday. And that's ok with me. I'm relieved this year is almost over.

But in the meantime, I'm coming out of this Christmas season with more than I had going into it. Besides a wonderful visit to sunny California, a couple great DVD sets, and some sparkly stuff every girl wants, I've also emerged with a couple of new Christmas favorites in the music department. Besides a compilation album from Starbucks, the only new X-mas album I picked up this year was Allison Crowe's "Tidings." I love it. She's got this rich, almost melancholy quality to her voice. It's appropriately Christmas-y without being jolly or overdoing it, because sometimes you're just not in the mood (no matter how much you love Christmas.) I also realized that I love the songs "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear" and "In the Bleak Midwinter."

So another Christmas came and went.

1 Comments:

At 12:20 AM , Blogger Mandy said...

i'm relieved this year is almost over too.

2006 was definitely not the best year of my life like it started out. the latter 2 months pretty much just sucked.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home