Sunday, January 07, 2007

Movie Review: The Family Stone

Right before Christmas I finally saw the movie "The Family Stone." I was anxious to see this movie simply becuase of the extreme opinions I had heard about it. A few friends said it was one of the worst movies ever and not to waste any time watching it. However, a few other friends said it was one of the best movies they had ever seen. After watching it, I found myself agreeing with the latter.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a Christmas movie...it's more like a movie that uses Christmas as a back drop. The brilliance of this movie is that it's completely character driven. Despite some big name stars, there's nothing flashy about it at all...it's just a story about a family getting together for Christmas. The older I get the more I appreciate the complexities involved when a familiy who hardly ever sees each other is suddenly spending extended time in a confined area. I guess some people consider this boring but the characters are so rich; they just pull you in to the story. It's a beautifully made movie and I recommend it to everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home