Thursday, January 11, 2007

sometimes things just work

Everyone knows that sometimes things just don't work out how you thought they would. However, sometimes there's some silver lining and they do. Here's two cases in point:

1) Over Christmas I flew across the country and was prepared with all forms of entertainment, including books, laptop with movies, and ipod. The only problem was that I forgot my ear phones, which basically renders them all (well, except the books) useless. The day after I arrived I realized I also forgot my razor. I didn't really want to spend money on this stuff, but my only other option was to be hairy and un-entertained. I went to Wal-Mart and could hardly believe it when I found a pack of quality razors on sale for $5, and they came with free in ear head phones! It's an extremely odd combination that I wouldn't necessarily think would be sold together as a package deal. I was so pumped. The world worked out exactly as I needed it to in that instant.

2) This morning I made a peanut butter and jelly on toast to bring to work, but was running late so I didn't bring anything else. I figured I could get something from the vending machine if I felt like it. During my lunch break I decided to get a small bag of cheetos and a 20 oz. diet pepsi, which totals $1.55. I was so bummed because I only had $1.45 in cash on me. I searched my clothes pockets and every pocket and section of my purse but couldn't find that last elusive dime. In a final, somewhat hopeless attempt I decided to take a quick look around the break room. That's when I saw it...a nice, shiny dime in the corner of the room under a chair. It was perfect.

These may be small instances, but sometimes that's enough.

1 Comments:

At 12:40 AM , Blogger Mandy said...

haha. i'm so glad you posted these. gotta love the silver lining.

i love those days.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home