Wednesday, May 02, 2007

he's finally here!!

Yesterday evening my nephew, Aiden, was finally born!!! He's pretty much a beast, coming in at 22 inches long and 10 lbs 8 oz.

Here's the scoop...My sister-in-law was told on Saturday that she was in early labor and would probably have him on Sunday. Well, Sunday and Monday both came and went without a baby. At 6 am Tuesday she was induced and an hour later the doctor broke her water, but by 4 that afternoon she was only 3 cm dilated (she was 2 cm on Saturday). So they ended up doing a C-section...which was a great choice considering he was more than 2 pounds heavier than they were told he was going to be. So basically, watching her go through this is further cementing my previous feelings that I do not want to ever bear my own child. Adoption is an option I have been very drawn to for quite awhile, for reasons other than pain avoidance. I suppose though if it comes down to it there's always surrogacy. I just can't imagine putting my body through the pregnancy/childbearing experience.

Anyway, back to Aiden. He's perfect. My mom says he's got a great temperament. He was letting everyone and their dog hold him and was alert and smiling and moving around, and not really crying much or anything. He has curly blond/reddish hair with blond eyebrows and eyelashes so light and fair you can barely see them. I can't wait to meet him this weekend!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home