Thursday, April 12, 2007

great combos

It’s actuallly true what they say...the whole really is greater than the sum of the parts. Here’s a few magical combos whose individual components I do not particularly like.

1. honey mustard. plain honey= gross. mustard= double gross. but together they stike the perfect balance of sweet and tangy-ish and other great flavorfulness.

2. root beer bombs. I generally do not enjoy beer, with the occasional exception of an original brew at a good micro-brewery. Also, I do not like root beer, and especilally do not like root beer flavored dum-dums (commonly picked up at banks and other generic public places). But this combination is particularly awesome. It’s a shot of root beer schnapps dropped into a 12 oz of beer. You’re supposed to chug it (it’s a bomb, after all) but I like the taste so much I prefer to drink it at normal-drink pace. Delicious.

3. Also delicious is summer drink classic the Arnold Palmer. Most everyone knows about this one, but in case you don’t--it’s half iced tea and half lemonade. I hate tea, iced or not, and was genuinely suprised to find out that I enjoy the Arnold Palmer as much as I do. If you’ve never had one, you should go to the store to pick up a carton in time for the warm weather to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home