Sunday, May 06, 2007

thoughts from small town Illinois

1. I was at Wal-Mart making picture printouts from the digital camera Saturday night, which happened to be prom night. While there for maybe an hour, we saw several people come in dressed up in their prom gear. It was so strange. These girls and one guy were totally done up with dresses/tux, corsages, shoes, hair, jewelry and everything. What in the world were they doing at Wal-Mart? I just can't figure it out. And maybe I could understand seeing one or perhaps two people, but it seemed we were seeing prom kids everywhere we looked.

2. The local grocery store has jacked up the price for the outdoor soda machines. It now costs 60 cents for a 12 oz. can of soda. That means the price has almost doubled since I moved away 7 years ago (it used to be 35 cents) and has gone up considerably since the last time I was here in the fall (when it was 45 cents).

3. For the life of me I cannot find the local NPR station. It's crazy. Surely there is one, but so far no luck finding it. I should just look online, but I keep forgetting. Maybe I'll do that now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home