Saturday, July 28, 2007

it's saturday morning

1. I finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows a couple of days ago. It was incredible!! (except for the epilogue, which was pointless and stupid)

2. I got my most recent order from amazon.com the other day. I had ordered Against the Day by Thomas Pynchon because it is supposedly one of the top 3 books of 2006. I was excited to jump right into it after Harry, but I may take a little break first...when it arrived I discovered it was 1,085 pages long.

3. I found out this morning that Shane Barnard is engaged to Bethany Dillon. I think maybe this is a good thing, but I'm not sure because she's only 18--she hasn't even had the chance to be a real grown-up yet. Regardless, I think we should all observe a moment of silence to mourn the passing of Shane's eligibility.

4. I am REALLY good at context clues. I realized this recently when reading a Christopher HItchens book. I'm not often confronted with so many new words in one particular work, so Hiitchens has given me a great tool to expand my vocab.

5. I was thinking this morning that my old Los Angeles phone number was really great...626-261-3216. A few 6's, a few 2's, couple of 1's. It just rolls off the tongue.

6. I have to do a lot of laundry and housework today. I'm not looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home