Thursday, June 28, 2007

strange guilt from an unidentified source

Lately I've been feeling some literary guilt, and I'm not sure where it's coming from. I feel like I should be a reader of or at least familiar with Cormac McCarthy and Kurt Vonnegut. The truth is though, I've never read a single book by either one of them. I started thinking about it more the other day when I walked by a Vonnegut display in a bookstore. They are both great American novelists, but are hardly on the same page as others throughout history who have written truly transcendent literature.  That's why I'm not sure why I feel so strongly that I should be familiar with their work. If anyone has read something by either one of them and could give a recommendation, that'd be great.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home