Thursday, May 31, 2007

back to america

After a big airport fiasco (hint: never fly Alitalia) I finally got back home yesterday evening. It was a fantasic trip and maybe I'll get some pics posted soon. Even so, I'm glad to be back home.

Every single day was of course incredible, but here are the top few things:

1. St. Peter's and the Vatican
2. Alexander Platz--one of the top jazz clubs in all of Europe
3. riding down the Grand Canal in Venice
4. the Borghese Gallery
5. Michaelangelo's David in the Accademia
6. the gelato and the wine. well, food in general I guess

And an expansion of #6...after sampling a huge array of flavors, these are the best (in no certain order):
1. pear
2. almond
3. coconut
4. banana
5. miele, which is a honey flavor
6. rice (sounds gross but is actually delicious)

And finally, here are the top things about being back home:
1. I can read anything and genearlly speak to anyone with whom I come in contact without a considerable amount of effort
2. not having to pay to use public restrooms
3. I can actually drink Diet Coke instead of Coca Lite, a mostly disgusting but slightly respectable foreign "equivalent"

And in the interest of lists, after my day at the beach today here's my list of top priorities here in NYC:
1. get friends
2. find a job
3. find a church
4. unpack
5. find some fun community activities, like take a dance class with Faith. In my head this is similar to the one Jodie takes in "Center Stage," but I'm sure ours will be about a zillion skill levels below that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home