Thursday, August 23, 2007

pov

Tonight I had to work until 10 pm, and so my boss gave me some cash to take a cab home. It was crazy how different the city looks from the inside of car. I've pretty much walked all over Manhattan, of course, so I'm famliar with the streets, stores, layouts, etc. 

Still, I was floored by how different everything looked from out the cab window. Driving can totally change your perspective. It was just so beautiful, especially with all the lights at night. It was so peaceful to have the windows down and feel the wind in my hair while I went over the East River and looked at all the city lights. 

It usually takes about 20 minutes to get home by subway, and the cab ride took a little over 10. It was 3.94 miles and cost $14. That's not too shabby, so I think I might start treating myself to a nighttime cab ride every couple weeks or so. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home