Friday, February 29, 2008

tgif

This is such a great Friday... mostly because I don't have to work. Instead, I slept in until 11 and then watched tv for awhile before whipping up a delicious lunch. Here at my new apartment, I now have cable for the first time since college and I can't stop watching trashy tv. If Celebrity Rehab, E! True Hollywood Story, or anything about Britney Spears is on, I have NO hope of tearing myself away. Despite this, I still got some stuff accomplished. I made a lot of progress in my effort to unpack past the "unpacked enough to move around" stage.

Tonight is dinner with a good friend, and then off to my church's 3rd annual Celebration of All That Is Good. I'm pretty sure it's basically just an excuse to party. We are meeting at some bar for free food, karaoke, and Guitar Hero. I'm not sure, but maybe there's free booze too, but that's probably just wishful thinking. This afternoon I've been thinking about karoake songs, and here's my top contenders:

"I Would Do Anything For Love" - Meatloaf
"Overprotected" - Britney Spears
"Turn the Beat Around" - Gloria Estefan (I really like the rat-tat-tat-tat- on the drum part)
"Love is a Battlefied" - Pat Benetar
"Islands in the Stream" by Dolly and Kenny as my male duet option

We'll see.

2 Comments:

At 9:52 AM , Blogger Mandy said...

alright girl, so i need an update...did you karaoke?

 
At 9:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home