Thursday, March 20, 2008

it's madness, baby!

The movie "Hoosiers" just finished, the kitchen is stocked with beer and soda, chinese food is on the way, my bracket is taped to the wall by the tv with two highlighters (green for games I got right, red for ones I didn't), and I've supposedly got some sort of food poisoning that's keeping me home from work for the next two days...it can only mean one thing. MARCH MADNESS IS HERE!

I'm really excited about my bracket pics this year. Since Illinois is not in the tournament (sigh), I'm not 100% emotionally invested in any of the teams. Yeah, I'm a fan of and like a few of them, but it's not like it is with the boys in orange and blue. So for some reason, the absence of Illinois has made me incredibly liberal with my picks. My final winner isn't all that outrageous, but I've certainly picked a good amount of upsets and surprises. Most of them are completely within the realm of possibility, so I'm really banking on what we all know to be true about this time of year... it's one and done, and sometimes when the planets align just right, virtually ANY team can beat ANY OTHER team once.

Best of luck to everyone with their brackets, and here's to the best two days of the year (with the possible exception of Christmas Eve and Christmas). Let the games begin...

2 Comments:

At 6:12 PM , Blogger Lindsay said...

Mmmm, I feel ya girl! So far I'm 7 for 7...let's hope the day ends as it started. Though I picked Xavier and Purdue to advance, I was rootin' for the Bears and the Dawgs since they were big underdogs, but oh well...I'm sure we'll get a good upset sometime this weekend! Maybe it'll be Cal State Fullerton!

 
At 8:41 PM , Blogger DP said...

Becka! You're too cute. I wish I was into basketball, but March Madness never really did anything for me. I'm more of a football girl m'self. :)

Miss you and hope you're doing well!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home