Wednesday, January 24, 2007

It's Official

This week I became an official grown-up. It’s taken the better part of 24 years, but I am now officially financially self sufficient. I guess I’ve been mostly taking care of myself for quite awhile now, but until this week my parents still paid my car insurance. On Monday when I paid for February’s insurance myself, it was like the ending of an era. When I placed the envelope into the mail box I was acutely aware of this bittersweet transformation. It’s good to be completely taking care of myself, but it still sucks to be out $120/ month. (In the interest of full disclosure I’m actually paying my dad...since I’m under 25 it’s much cheaper to stay on his policy and pay him the money than to get my own policy.)


So after this new experience on Monday, I decided to do something new every single day this week. I’m not sure how it will go, but so far so good. Here’s how it’s shaping up:

Monday-paid my own car insurance for the first time
Tuesday-after spending half of my work day freezing my @$$ off, discovered I have a talent for typing quite well with my mittens on. and not gloves, but mittens...i’m just that good :)
Wednesday-got a french press coffee maker and made my own coffee. it turned out surprisingly well.

Maybe if I can keep up this pace I’ll let you know on Friday how the rest of the week turned out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home